1. 99% of life is Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen (and a bit of Phosphate)
2. Mono is one, Di (and Bi) is two, Tri is three, poly is many.
3. Anything ending in -ose is a sugar
4. Beta glucose is only in Cellulose - everything else is Alpha glucose
5. A condensation reaction makes water and joins two monomers together.
6. A hydrolysis reaction breaks a bond (lysis means split) - with the addition of water (hydro)
7. A Glycosidic bond joins 2 monosaccarides together
8. A peptide bond joins 2 amino acids together (many-poly, by peptide bonds...=polypeptide)
9. A lipid is made from a glycerol joined by an ester bond to 3 (tri) fatty acids - hence triglyceride
10. Carbohydrates and lipids are just C,H,O. Amino acids are C,H,O,N (ok, and a bit of Sulphur with 2 of the R groups), Nucleic acids (DNA, RNA, ATP) have C,H,O,N,P. Phospholipids are C,H,O,P.